In many parts of the world, the holiday period is a time of gift-giving. It’s a time of year when people are more willing than regular to start giving to others. Family, friends, coworkers, well-wishers, or strangers fall into this category. Giving is a selfless act with far more benefits than anyone realizes. Abbott, a medical tech firm, polled large numbers of people around the world. They inquired about the single most satisfying and fulfilling aspect of their lives.
What Motivates People to Give Christmas gift –
- People are giving when those who know their contributions will make a significant difference in other people’s lives.
- People donate to support a cause that is important to them. Environmental protection, health research, and social equality are examples of this.
- Some people make donations to help fight an especially dangerous disease.
- Some people give to make themselves feel decent, happy and fulfilled.
- Some folks even give to assist others while lowering their tax liability.
A professor at a university researched the effects of giving. Giving elicits a pleasant activity in the brain, according to the study. This is similar to the response elicited by psychoactive medications and other pleasant stimuli.
So Christmas gift Singapore promotes the release of chemical hormones such as endorphins and dopamine. Both these hormones provide a pleasant sense of satisfaction and well-being to the individual.
Starting with one individual, a chain of events can spread kindness far and wide. Giving has a contagious quality to it. Start giving, and you’ll notice that your family and friends will soon follow suit.